- All Supplements
- By Brand
- By Type
- Help With
- The Root Cause Protocol
- Aussie Made
- Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis
Sauerkraut is a type of fermented cabbage with major health benefits.
It’s thought to have originated in China more than 2,000 years ago. Back then, fermentation was one of the methods used to keep foods from spoiling quickly.
Sauerkraut survived the test of time to become a popular side dish and condiment in many cultures. It’s especially appreciated in Germany, where its name comes from.
Due to the fermentation it undergoes, sauerkraut offers nutrition and health benefits far beyond those of fresh cabbage.
- Sauerkraut is rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Its probiotics also help your body absorb these nutrients more easily, which is what makes sauerkraut more nutritious than raw cabbage or coleslaw.
- Sauerkraut is a source of probiotics, which provide many potential health benefits. It also contains enzymes that help your body absorb nutrients more easily.
- Sauerkraut is a source of probiotics, vitamin C, and iron, all of which contribute to a stronger immune system.
- Sauerkraut’s low calorie, high fiber, and high probiotic content may help prevent weight gain and promote the loss of unwanted body fat.
- Sauerkraut promotes healthy gut flora and may increase the absorption of mood-regulating minerals from your diet. Both of these effects help reduce stress and maintain brain health.
- Sauerkraut contains beneficial plant compounds that may reduce the risk of cancer cells developing and spreading.
- The fiber, probiotic, and vitamin K2 contents of sauerkraut may contribute to lower cholesterol levels, slight improvements in blood pressure, and a lower risk of heart disease.
- Sauerkraut contains vitamin K2, a nutrient that promotes healthier, stronger bones.
Storage: Refrigirate after opening.
Ingredients: Organic Sauerkraut 95% (Organic White Cabbage, Salt), Water, Salt.
Country of Origin: Poland