Our Favorite English Breakfast
This modified breakfast, having some touches of a traditional English Breakfast with some fresh touch of a Mediterranean Breakfast. It allows a balanced portion of veggies having cooked asparagus and zucchini alongside with fried mushrooms. The unique part in this serving is the beetroot & walnuts spread, which gives a fresh taste to the plate
So let's start with the list of ingredients:
Ingredients: (Two Servings)
- 100gr Zucchini 100gr
- One Bunch Asparagus
- 250gr Red Grapefruit
- 200gr Brown Mushrooms (or any other mushrooms)
- 30gr Ghee
- 4 x Eggs
- 50gr Cheddar Cheese
- 4 x Bread Slices (Sourdough preferred)
- 3 x Mid Size Beetroot (~360gr)
- 90gr Chopped Walnuts
- 3 x Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 x Spoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (10ml)
- 2 x Spoons of Water (20ml)
- 1 x Spoon of Fresh Lemon Juice (10ml)
- 1/4 Tea Spoon of Celtic Salt
- 100gr Meredith Dairy Fresh Chevre
- Cook the beetroots in water for about 45 minutes until they become soft (Keep the lid closed).
- Take them out for cooling and peel. Cut into cubes and place in a blender.
- Add chopped walnuts, chopped garlic, olive oil, water and lemon juice to the blender, and blend to the desired texture (you can leave the spread a bit crunchy based on flavour).
- Transfer to a saucepan and season with salt.
- Cut the bread and toast so it is slightly crispy
- Put just prepared beetroot spread
- Cut the chevre to small pieces and put on top
- Add preferred herbs
- Cut the mushrooms / zucchini & asparagus to mid-size pieces
- Season the pan with ghee and stir fry the veggies separately to your preferred texture
- (Optional) It is possible to add coconut cream or similar to the mushrooms
- Stir Fry / Boil the eggs based on your flavour.
- We recommend adding some cheddar cheese on top :)
Grapefruit Juice (for the finish)
- Cut the red grapefruits in half
- Squeeze the juice using any available citrus juicer
All fruit & veggies are now in season and available online